Jab Harry Met Sejal will make you laugh, cry, fall in love and leave you with an urge to travel!
This Friendship’s Day director and writer Imtiaz Ali is back with a bang with his upcoming rom-com Jab Harry Met Sejal. The title sounds hatke because it is the combination of the two films Jab We Met and When Harry Met Sally. Well, I am not here to promote the film guys but I am here to give you reasons why you must NOT watch this movie and I am SERIOUS!
1. We have already seen Shahrukh Khan and Anushka Sharma as a pair in two of the movies earlier namely Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi and Jab Tak Hai Jaan and we have witnessed their brilliant performances in these movies. Haven’t we? So, why would you like to see them back on screen together?
2. As far as the story goes, Harry and Sejal travel across the continent of Europe. Sejal happens to lose her engagement ring and then guess what Shahrukh unwillingly joins in her quest for the search of the missing ring. This wild hunt helps our Hero to get a clear picture of the concept of love and relationships and Sejal…well she experiences freedom, security, and reassurance in his company.Fir kya ladka ladki milte hai..unhe pyaar hota hai…par ye pyaar kaise hota hai?? Sounds interesting??
3. As we all know, Imtiaz has a different approach to all of his films be it Rockstar, Tamasha or Jab We Met. Even this film follows a similar track that takes you on a journey of love, life, twisted with thrill, blended with fantasy and the ultimate search for the voice within. Yaar phirse waisa plot!!!
4. Anushka aka Sejal plays the role of a Gujarati Girl who tends to call Harry as “Herry”! All the gujjus out there pardon me but this is what she calls him! So tell me why would anyone be interested to see a non-gujju girl speaking fluently in Gujrati and nailing it to every bit? Think about it!
5. With every tale comes a twist. We have always loved to see Shahrukh play characters like the naughty boy Rahul in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai or the stud in Dil to Pagal Hai but can you imagine him in a different character?? Definitely not! Harry could be believed to be an evolved version of Rahul portraying the role of a tour guide who is in search for his soul. You can get this hint from the way he speaks to Sejal just before the song “Radha.” But anyway, why would a tour guide set out to search his soul???
6. As we all are aware that there are a number of issues in the society which should be a concern for us, still, why should we watch this movie? Just because it has characters that everyone can relate to in some manner or because the movie talks less about the society and more about traveling within to meet our true self or because Imtiaz is one of the finest directors who very elegantly brings all his characters to life with a sensitive appeal. What is your rationale? Would you still want to watch this movie?
7. Anushka’s character seems to be of an impulsive woman who keeps landing herself into trouble be it losing her engagement ring or being caught while hiding with Shahrukh from a goon (probably). It seems she is severely in need of guidance. I guess she would be a Piscean in this movie because this is one of most undeniable traits of a Piscean. So, if you are one, you could just be happy that you are not alone!
8. “Hawaayein”, the best song in this film (according to me), I guess depicts the theme. It makes you recall that one person you have loved ever since. It makes you feel nostalgic and perhaps if you have ever been one of those creatures who while traveling has envisioned themselves to be in a film, then there you go my buddy. It is for you!
9. Prague, Vienna, Lisbon, Budapest, and Amsterdam have been a few locations that have witnessed the story of Harry and Sejal. Just because of these breathtaking locations would you take out time from your busy schedule and be a part of their journey? I think I should go for it.
10. Just like every other Imtiaz Ali movie, even this piece of cinema seems to be a fusion of all emotions. But just like Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, will they be together in the end or will Sejal be the perfect Indian girl and not let go of her fiance or will they fall in love??
So if you are the perfect romantic person then what are you waiting for? I guess I have given you enough reasons not to miss this piece of cinema. So what are you waiting for? Hit your nearest theaters and be a part of this expedition!!!