Being a college student myself, I truly believe that being a part of a tightly packed schedule from morning till evening, tracking non-stop activities, managing fests along with boring lectures is a tough task in itself. As a student going to college and commuting via metro or bus without taking single daybreak we are hardly taking time out for ourselves. And to top it off, being a part of one the most polluted cities in India, effects not only our respiratory system in a damaging and alarming way but also threatens our skin for long term damages. Especially, when we come in contact with this extremely contaminated & polluted environment. We need to understand managing a daily skin care routine is an essential part of our daily schedule and cannot be avoided.
How your college lifestyle affects your skin?
We all have a calendar that keeps reminding us to update our to-do list, meet deadlines, submit assignments and projects; an inventory that always keeps us busy. This keeps us away from noticing changes happening in our system that are bad enough as it is, but further adding to it. So, why should we not add some simple and easy to follow daily skin care routine activities in our everyday life to keep ourselves happy, pampered and healthy from outside and from within.
The hard truth is like everything in this universe needs maintenance, so does our skin. When it comes to lustrous, gorgeous and healthy skin, there are a few daily skin care routine tips that can be followed to keep your skin ever glowing. Don’t believe me, read them below!
1. Follow Twice a day routine
- Washing your face: Clean skin is happy skin! So, reach for a facial cleanser when you wake up and before you go to sleep to help wash away any excess dirt and oil that may have built up on the surface of your skin throughout the day. USE A GOOD FACE WASH.
- Use a Moisturiser: To moisturize all you have to do is put some toner on a cotton pad and swipe it across your face. It’s that easy! For more delicate and soft skin. This treatment will help you keep your skin all-time dust free and clean.
- Serum Application: Apply Serum, it helps us to correct the dark spots, apply it after washing and cleansing your face
- It is essential not to over wash your face as this will lead to dryness and will damage your moisture barrier.
- If you have oily skin, do not wash your face more than three times a day.
2. Cleansing Up is a Must
- Oily skin is especially prone to dead skin cell build up, blackheads and clogged pores. Targeted treatment for oily skin is To Use a CLEANSER, using a cleanser is must either you have oily skin or dry. Using the cleanser helps you to get rid of all the impurities that come in contact with our skin every day. Also, when you are with a clean face other product work better. This daily skin care routine cannot be missed and should be a mandate in your everyday cycle of activities.
3. Don’t forget to remove Makeup
To keep your skin clean and avoid breakouts, wash your face two times a day as mentioned above. If you wear make-up and sleep, it not only blocks your pores and makes it super difficult for your skin to breathe and respire but also increases the proximity of early aging and acts as a catalyst in the growth of blackheads. This daily skin care routine makes you feel fresh and lets your skin breathe throughout the day.
4. Prefer cool showers over hot showers
Hot showers open up your pores which leads to the loss of moisture. To prevent this, try trash your face with cool water instead of warm. You can also try lukewarm water and don’t keep on rinsing the face again and again. Hot water again leads to dulling the shine of the skin, therefore lukewarm water in cold days and room temperature water in summers adds to the charm of your skin and is an extremely easy to follow daily skin care routine.
5. Stay hydrated throughout the day
One of the most important daily skincare routine for people of all age group is to have lots and lots of water. This goes without saying. Keep your skin hydrated and moisturized. If you are dehydrated, then your dependency in moisturizer decreases by multifold.
6. Take complete 8 hours Sleep
Sleep helps keep the cells in your body healthy. Sleeping for fewer hours at night can also lead to skin care problems, tiredness, fatigue, and dullness. Less sleep can demotivate the cells to act bright and respire. While you are asleep your skin cells are also in the rest mode. It is because of this reason often celebs are advised for beauty naps as this makes your skin outshine and makeup dependency reduces.
Sleeping works when you are without makeup. So sleep with no makeup at all.
7. Always keep your Sunscreen handy
This is not just for summers but is also a very effective daily skin care routine for winters too. Scorching sun directly affects the skin. It very easily comes in contact with its heat that degrades the purity of the skin. Always wear a sunscreen or an SPF moisturizer with a minimum sun protection factor of 15-20.
8. Avoid using a lot of products
While we are in college our skin is tender and too young to take care of itself, therefore it is our responsibility to take care of ourselves. When we see that our skin is getting damaged we start referring to the internet and youtube to make up for the damaged skin. follow ayurvedic treatments, dadima ke nuskhey and that will do wonders to your skin. For instance, you may try turmeric paste, rice paste, milk cleanser or even a papaya facemask to bring out the best version of you.
9. Eat Healthy and Stay Happy
We know you are going through a lot during the day. Its work, its college, it’s physical and emotional stress that often brings down your energy level. Few simple tips that you can follow to keep your skin glowing are:
- Firstly, stop eating junk or oily food. The only reason to acne and dark spots is the tikkiwala outside your college. Yes, don’t believe me skip it for a week and see the changes.
- Secondly, try to keep your mood swings in control. A composed and happy attitude not just maintains the blood pressure but also makes you look beautiful.
You may also like to read:
- Janki Devi Memorial College DU: 10 things you should know before taking admission in 2019
- Delhi University Admissions will be expensive, Check the details here
- Aryabhatta College: 10 Things you must know before taking admission in 2019
- Bhaskaracharya College of Applied Sciences: 10 Things you must know before taking admission in 2019
So as a conclusion,
Always remember, we have to first start loving ourselves before we start loving others. It is extremely important to pamper oneself, take a day out and just relax. Try and keep your phone away, spend time with family, laugh on stupid things, dance or sing whatever makes you happy and you will see the difference. The happier you are the more positivity you draw towards yourself and the more pretty you look!
And this time it’s not about anyone else, it’s about you! So follow this daily hacks and don’t forget to tell us how this routine worked for you in the comments section below!
daily skin care routine, daily skin care routine at home, daily skin care routine for glowing skin, daily skin care routine home remedies, daily skin care routine for oily skin, daily skin care routine for Indian skin, skin care routine steps, skin care routine for dry skin, skin care routine order