Here’s how one can avoid making the wrong choice for B.Sc in chemistry Course
Done with the examination time, board results? Now is the ADMISSION TIME; selection of a college for yourself is to be done very wisely. You can’t afford to get into a wrong choice or an inappropriate decision, after all, it is the very initial step towards your career. You might be feeling confused about where to go, which college or University to choose? Let me make your task easier and bring you out of this dicey situation. I’ll share with you the names, specializations, and cutoffs of top Delhi University colleges for BSc in Chemistry course. You can aim for these colleges of the remarkable Delhi University as per your cut off and the opportunities these colleges offer.
Making a wise decision should be the prime concern; no one can afford to choose an inappropriate stream or college. I will lighten up the stress of this crucial time by guiding you with the top colleges of Delhi University for BSc in chemistry.
Your mind might be overloaded with hundreds of courses, fields, streams, and branches. In short, your mind might be flooded with thoughts and that too confusing ones. Nowadays universities offer numerous courses in a particular branch like BBA, MBA, BCOM, etc. for the students of commerce stream and the students who belong to science have options BTECH, MBBS, BSC PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, etc.
Let’s have an information guide get ready detailed about BSC in Chemistry.
CHEMISTRY HONOURS from Delhi University? Yes, Of Course, Delhi University is the most attractive University offering courses in science and that too not because of its name and fame but also because it upholds the commendable performances and offerings in academics. There are a variety of colleges that offer Chemistry honors, but here Delhi University has top colleges that are called top leading schools for attaining excellence in Chemistry.
It is affordable enough , there are no high fee patterns in any of the five colleges . When we buy something that is of a low price we consider that thing of less worth and end up not buying that product. But here, keep this in mind that you don’t judge these colleges with their minimal fee structure. With this minimum fee charges, they give you huge packages.
Have you ever figured out that what are the scopes of pursuing B.Sc in Chemistry or Chemistry Honours? I’ll tell you what are the benefits and Scopes of going with this course :
- You can go for Analytical Chemist, it revolves around the studies and tests of chemical compositions.
- Chemical Engineering Associate, is the Studies and application of the disciplines of products like food, fuel, etc.
- Industrial Research Scientist, they tend to invent and develop new products.
There are a lot more scopes one can go with after graduation in Chemistry. Let me tell you a few top colleges of DU, that provide us with this Course.
1. Miranda House
- This is situated in North campus, it is one of the topmost colleges for girls affiliated to DU, running since 1948. Not only the huge campus is highly prominent but also the variety of courses like BA(H) English, Political Science, Economics, etc. along with the highly qualified and experienced faculties are a major attraction. Buildings of the past epoch are much modernized with free WiFi on the campus, and centralized air conditioning is a plus point in this college.
- One thing that all the girls should know that being a girl’s college, Miranda House has unique “Gossip Galliyaras”.
- It is Full time three course with 100 percent placements. The mandatory criteria for admission are physics chemistry and mathematics to be the main subjects with 55% and also 50% of marks in a language subject.
- Cut off will soon be released on the university portal. The last year cut off was observed as 96% and reduced to only 89.75% when the fourth cut off released.
2. Hindu College
Here also it offers a full three-year course with admission criteria of a student having 45% in his main subjects of Science. The application will be out in the first week of May.
Another crowning college of North campus, The Hindu College is very famous for its science courses. Once you are in this college you will never tend to miss The Virgin Tree Pooja on V day! The College’s Annual fest, Mecca is too awesome to be missed; in this beautiful infrastructure. Courses like Chemistry Honours, Physics, maths honors, Zoology, etc. are offered here.
3. St. Stephens College
- Ranked one of the best University offering Chemistry Honours with great academic and placement records. Around 90% of students get placed every year. Don’t miss out on the application form .
- It is running since 1881, star College of Delhi University. If you are interested in joining science or arts courses then this is the best choice. Alumnus includes Dr. Kapil Sibal, Dr. Shashi Tharoor, the popular journalist Barkha Dutt. This red brick majestic building is spread in around 60 acres with lawns, with the welcoming crowd. The faculty here is highly qualified and also extremely experienced. But obviously, this is the toughest one to get in, as it releases the highest cut-offs.
4. Hansraj College
- The Chemistry department is the oldest department of this college having well-experienced faculties with all the labs well equipped and maintained. The Merit cum scholarships are also available, so keep checking the cut offs will soon release. Maintain at least 45% in your best 4 subjects .
- A long list of alumni like Anurag Kashyap, Ranvijay Singh, makes it more famous. Major courses like BA(H) Political Science, English, etc. as well as foreign languages are like German, Spanish, etc. are offered by this college. As quoted by a lot of students and alumni that this University is OLD WORLD CHARM!
Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding, etc. are the topics of research that are offered in ARSD college. They organize Placement events after 2-3 months and almost 80% of the students are placed. Candidates are supposed to have 40% in their best 4 subjects.
The Reservation Criteria of Delhi University is as follows
- 22% of the total seats are reserved for the candidates of Scheduled Caste Scheduled Tribes.
- The Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates are also given relaxation of 5% in their merit academic result.
- In case, after giving 5% relaxation, the reserved seats still remain vacant, further relaxation would be given to the extent required in order to fill all the reserved seats.
The Common documents that are required by the university during admission are :
- 10th class mark sheet
- 12th class mark sheet
- Class 10th Board Examination Certificate
- Class 12th Provisional Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- 5 Passport size Photographs
Important things to keep in mind:
- Starting date for Online Registration: 2nd week of May .
- Closing date for Online Registration: 2nd week of June .
- First Cut off: 3rd week of June.
- Second cut off: 1st week of July
- Classes commencement: 3rd week of July.
- Admission Close: 3rd week of August.
- So let’s keep all these minor details in mind so that you don’t miss out on any one of them for the course BSc in chemistry. Also, don’t let this wonderful opportunity of getting admissions into Delhi University. Delhi University is admired by each and every student after their class 12th . There are a number of Universities in Delhi, but what attracts the most are the colleges of Delhi University as it is popularly known as Education Hub with a variety of courses.
BSc in Chemistry, Hansraj college, Miranda House, chemistry honors, Hindu College, ARSD College, St. Stephens College, BSc chemistry colleges in Delhi University, BSc chemistry colleges, du colleges for BSc, BSc chemistry colleges in Delhi, cut off for BSc chemistry in Delhi University, Bsc chemistry honors colleges in Delhi, eligibility criteria for BSc chemistry in du