Correspondence Courses in Delhi University
Full-time education is not for everyone but higher education enthusiast can surely opt for distance learning or commonly known as correspondence courses in Delhi University. Delhi University or our very own “DU” was founded in the year 1922 located in New Delhi offers numerous courses to lakhs of aspirants ranging from Indians to foreign learners both. Full-time learning or correspondence learning both have a great scope to build one’s education base.
It is a well-known fact that Delhi University is not only one of the top universities of India but also a prestigious educational institution across the globe. The most significant feature of Delhi University is SOL
(School of Open Learning) which accommodates people from all background.
Correspondence Courses in Delhi University offered by SOL receives applications from not only best students across the globe but also offers good job prospects after the completion of the course. Both at Graduation and Post graduation level. DU distance learning courses are excellent and pretty good for those students who can’t attend regular classes by enrolling them in correspondence courses at Delhi University. Though the courses offered in correspondence are only confined to HUMANITIES/ARTS and COMMERCE stream.
So Check out these correspondence courses in Delhi University – Application Process, Eligibility Criteria, and Selection Procedure
Application Process to begin with
1. Delhi university application forms and other criteria for admission for CORRESPONDENCE COURSES and other important details are uploaded on its official website: https://sol.du.ac.in/welcome/newhome.php
2. Applicants aspiring to take admissions are requested to submit few documents and formalities are to be done. As per the guidelines mentioned on the official website, some of the documents are listed below:
3. Candidates are then asked to pay the registration fee which is set by the Delhi university through the mode of payment mentioned on the website.
Correspondence Courses Available
Delhi University offers correspondence or distance learning courses only in ARTS AND HUMANITIES and COMMERCE STREAM.
Following are the courses which DU offers at Post Graduation and Under graduation level to its aspirants.
So here is the list of correspondence courses available at Graduation Level:
And the list of Courses available at the Post Graduation Level:
All the above-mentioned courses are available with good job prospects for the students enrolled in the courses.
Eligibility Criteria for the Correspondence courses
Certain criteria are to be followed before applying for these courses. The aspirant has to fall under the eligibility criteria to reserve the seat for the course. Details for the same are listed below:
Criteria for Graduation Level Courses are as follows:
- Candidate should have scored a minimum 65% average marks in 10+2
- Or a minimum 75% in core English, elective English or functional English.
- Vocational subjects won’t be considered.
2. B.COM (Hons)
- Applicant must score a minimum of 55% marks in 10+2.
- Or 60% marks in 10+2 in technical/vocational stream.
- Commerce stream should be there with the candidate in 12th grade.
3. BA POLITICAL SCIENCE
- Candidate should score a total aggregate of 50% in 10+2.
- Applicant must have at least one language and three academic subjects.
- Vocational subjects won’t be considered.
4. B.A. and B.COM (program)
- Candidate must score a total aggregate of 40% marks in 10+2.
- CBSE and NIOS student have to submit there best 5 scores.
- Students from other boards have to submit their aggregate scores.
Eligibility Criteria for Post Graduation Level Courses in Correspondence:
1. M.A. HINDI
- General applicants must have B.A. Hindi (Hons) from DU.
- OBC candidates must score 58.5% marks at graduation level from DU.
- SC,ST,CW and PWD candidates will be admitted as per the SOL rule.
- General candidates must have pursued B.com with 65-70% marks from DU.
- OBC candidates must have passed B.com with 60-65% marks.
- SC,ST,CW and PWD candidates will have to score 58.5-60% marks to secure admission.
3. M.A. POLITICAL SCIENCE
- Candidates must secure at least 60% in Hons.
- Candidates must have passed there BA POLITICAL SCIENCE from DU only.
4. M.A. HISTORY
- Candidates must have secured 60% in B.A.history
- Only from Delhi university only.
5. M.A SANSKRIT
- Candidates must secure 60% in BA Sanskrit ( only general category).
- OBC should score 54% BA(Hons) Sanskrit from DU.
- SC,ST,CW and PWD candidates will be admitted on the basis of rules set by SOL.
Documents required for submission while applying for the courses
- Self-attested copy of reverse category, certificates of the candidates only if the applicant is SC, ST, OBC, PWD.
- Certificates of the candidates must have been issued before the date of admission.
- Self-attested copy of income certificate if the applicant is applying for fee-concession/ financial assistance.
- Duly filled the application form.
- Bank draft of admission confirmation fee.
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- Self-attested copy of 10th and 12th certificates.
- Self-attested copy of graduation mark sheet if applying for PG COURSES.
- Reference Link: https://sol.du.ac.in/my/guidelines.php
List of Delhi University Colleges offering Correspondence courses
Delhi university has 77 colleges affiliated under it. All the colleges have excellent faculty which guides students and inculcate best quality education in them . DISTANCE LEARNING OR REGULAR LEARNING is available for the students in constituencies of Delhi University.
So, some of the colleges which offer correspondence courses are listed below. Also, the link of the official website of the institution is provided to know more press the link attached.
|College Name||Website Link for more details|
Maulana Azad medical college.
|Sri Aurobindo college||http://www.aurobindo.du.ac.in/|
|Indraprastha college for women||http://www.ipcollege.ac.in/|
|Maharaja agrasen college||http://mac.du.ac.in/|
|Delhi school of economics||http://econdse.org/|
|Dyal singh college||http://www.dsc.du.ac.in/|
|Daulat ram college||http://www.dr.du.ac.in/|
|Lady sriram college of commerce||https://lsr.edu.in/|
|Kirori mal college||http://www.kmcollege.ac.in/|
|Shaheed bhagat singh college||http://www.sbsc.in/|
|Kamala nehru college||https://www.knc.edu.in/|
|College of vocational studies||http://www.cvs.edu.in/|
All above mentioned colleges offer correspondence courses to students from commerce and humanities background.
Both MA and BA level courses which du offers in its CORRESPONDENCE OR DISTANCE LEARNING are available at the above-mentioned colleges.
DU being situated in Delhi attracts students in numerous aspects. As of now, Delhi University has the best placement cells in all of its affiliated colleges. This gives a vast spectrum to the education of the aspirants. It is because of this reason that DU colleges are also famous in its quality of education both for distance learning and regular classes.
School Of Learning -Delhi University Reservation Criteria 2019 for Correspondence Courses
According to the reservation criteria proposed by the government for people belonging to different sections of society. Colleges under Delhi University reserve seats for correspondence courses for aspirants.
Following is the criteria for SC, ST, OBC, and PWD:
|CHILDREN/WIDOW/ARMY PERSONNEL CATEGORY||5%|
Students belonging to SC/ ST and PWD category are requested to pay ₹250/- INR. As the application form at the time of applying in DU SOL 2019. General category and OBC Category students have to pay ₹500/- INR for the application.
Fees structure for correspondence courses offered by Delhi University
Here the fees structure for different courses is mentioned.
The fees might different but almost every DU college is affordable and provides quality education to its aspirants.
Important dates and events for the applicants in Delhi University
- Delhi Universit School of Learning application process to start from June/July 2019.
- The last date to submit application August 2019.
- The last date to submit the application with late fees is 2nd and 3rd September.
- Identity cards for UG students will be available from last week of October 2019.
- DU SOL PG courses application starts from August and September 2019.
- Entrance exam for DU SOL PG courses from september 2019.
- Last date to secure admission is september/october 2019.
Hence as discussed above regular classes are not possible for everybody so DELHI UNIVERSITY offers you the option of CORRESPONDENCE for both Undergraduate and Post Graduate level. The placements are recognized all over the globe and so stay tuned and check out the above information to know more about SOL and correspondence.
Delhi university school of open learning, Correspondence Courses in Delhi University, school of open learning courses, sol admission, Delhi university correspondence courses fees, du sol result 2019, sol ddatasheet2019, sol du admission 2018-19 last date, school of open learning admission 2018, Delhi university correspondence courses fees, University of Delhi