Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, DU: One of the most prestigious colleges of Delhi University which attract students from all over the world. The Co-educational Institute, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College Of Delhi University has begun with its admissions for 2019. It is considered as one of the best colleges which aim at bringing in positive changes. Deen Dayal Upadhyay college provides around 1406 seats in all which also includes adequate reservations as set by the Government.
Each course and program of the University has its a different way of working and also varied admission criteria. To get admission in Deen Dayal Upadhyay College students should be aware of at least these common steps.
- The form should be downloaded by the Candidate from the University Website.
- Fill the form and attach the required documents and upload it on the website.
- Once, done with the admission process. Candidate should do the fees procedure through the website portal itself.
Deen Dayal Upadhyay College Admissions 2019(Key Pointers)
- Before applying for any programs or courses in Deen Dayal Upadhyay College, you should be aware of the whole admission process such as Application form, eligibility criteria, and the previous year cutoff.
- Students those who apply for the Application form will get a Roll no. there on the college portal itself. The allocated roll no. will be used further throughout the process. While talking about admission we need to keep in mind about reservation policies that are out of 1406 seats, a significant number is already reserved for the categories like SC/ST/OBC and also sports quota like ECA/PWD/ KM.
- College also offers a special waiver for the students those who are physically challenged or the students who are under a fellowship or financial assistance above INR 8001/- per month, these students will not be entitled to the same.
- The academic session in Deen Dayal Upadhyay College begins in July.
- The merit of any B.A and also B.com programs will be determined According to the three main subjects and one language. If the candidate applied for B.A ( Honours) program, then that student should have 40% in aggregate and 50% in particular subject to get eligible for the course.
Fees structure of Major courses
|Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)||3 years||Rs 16,280/- INR|
|Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com Hons)||3 years||Rs 11,480/- INR|
|Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)||3 years||Rs 12,280/- INR|
|Bachelor of Science (B.Sc- Hons)||3 years||Rs 12,223/- INR|
|Bachelor of Arts (B.A)||3 years||Rs 11,480/- INR|
|Bachelor of Arts (B.A- Hons)||3 years||Rs 12,480/- INR|
Here is a list of things that one should know before taking admission in Deen Dayal Upadhyay college
1. College life is awesome
By this, I mean that being in this college your overall development will be automatically get looked after. The Overall development, not only academics but also clubs and committees will be highly helpful to mold your personality. Classes are not held regularly, not each and everything is taught in class but the necessary points are also not left out. Also, as a student, you will have to put in some extra efforts as it is not compulsory to complete each and every topic in class.
2. Elections are not meant for peace lovers
Yes, you read that right! If you are a peace lover or a peace promoter then always remember one thing, “stay away from elections”. Yes, The election committee of the college is just not meant for you, if you are not that kind of a person.
3. Answer intelligently during Examinations
The professors here in this college focus on both- The quality and the quantity. This indicates that the answer should just not be nicely explained, but it should also be explained in depth, with a better understanding of the topic. So, while filling up your answer sheets, with any kind of irrelevant stuff might not prove to be a great idea.
4. Average Placements
Placements are the most crucial part of college life. These services are quite average for all the streams. It is not much active and not many companies tend to visit this college. And therefore as newcomers, one must make a note of it.
5. College Infrastructure and admission process
The Infrastructure of the campus is really amazing, students should know this that they will get so many beautiful selfie places. As far as admissions are concerned all the documents are to be submitted along with all the steps included in the admission process will be done through the online process. There are various reservations and quotas for admission. Aggregate should be of three elective courses and one language that needs to be around 40% to 50%.
6. Awesome places to hang out with friends
As far as hanging around with friends is concerned, this college has Hauzkhas village in the vicinity. Interesting, isn’t it? So Hauz Khas, as we all know is a cozy and homely place to hang out with friends. Various cafes, lounges and a lot more spots to enjoy. Whereas the Green Chick Shop has the best chicken where you can have raw as well as cooked chicken. If you are a non-veg lover, you will enjoy a lot being next to this spot.
7. Holy places to visit in the vicinity
Yes, we know you need these places during examinations! Therefore, we have got you saved. Iskcon Dwarka and Hazrat Nizamuddin and Bangla Sahib Gurudwara are all nearby.
- Iskcon Dwarka: If you are a religious person, you should add Iskcon Temple to your activity list. Just a small walk from your College.
- Qawwali at Hazrat Nizammudin Dargah: If you love to listen to soulful Qawwalis, you can visit this place and listen to expert artists.
- Langar at Bangla Sahib: You have not done anything until you have not eaten divine langar at Bangla Sahib. Take your friends to free and fantastic food.
8. Romantic Dating spots in the neighborhood
College life is the most loved journey in one’s life! It is that part of life, which can never make us sad in the future. We make new friends, get to know so many people from different cultural and religious backgrounds and also fall in love. And for those, who are serious about their relationships, then these places in the neighborhood can help:
- Kingdom of Dreams: Colorful night full of food, fun, and music, you can visit this place with your friends or boyfriends or girlfriends for unique entertainment.
- Watch Airplanes fly at Jumbo Point in Dwarka: A Particular crossing named Jumbo Point, it is a picnic spot for friends and couples. Watch airplanes flying at this point.
9. Spend Quality time with friends
Again, make sure you maintain a balance between studies and masti while you are in Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College. As all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. You have to make sure you don’t enter the dull boy or dull girl zone. So make as many new friends as you can and meet them at the places visited below to develop long lasting bonds.
- Haat Janakpuri: With almost 200 shops of various options like handcrafted jewelry. Delicious cuisines at around 15 stalls.
- Pragati Maidan: Do you like going to exhibitions? Pragati Maidan draws experts and best arts and crafts. So, if you and your friends are art lovers, then this place can also be a great idea.
- Eat roadside Golgappas: Golgappas at roadside stalls in Tilak Nagar market. The bhaiya gives 2 golgappas for Rs 40/- INR. but the taste is unmatchable.
10. Beautiful memories at the Campus
A newly built amazing campus that is giving competition to a lot of University’s infrastructure located in Dwarka, Delhi. The college is managed with motivating facilities for dedicated careers counseling and a placement cell. They aim at providing students with various types of courses in different streams. The students get to join a lot of clubs and committees like Theatre, Debate, Poetry, Sports, etc. Through these availabilities of various Co-Curricular Activities, students get a chance to explore a bit more and excel a lot more in their lives.
So summing it up for you, starting from the classrooms, washrooms, hostels, to the fests that happen in the college annually, including faculties and the whole crowd is commendable. The faculties of the college are very helpful and motivating. The library of the campus is the real Star of the entire Campus of Deen Dayal Upadhyay college. The Library of the Campus has all the books from all the streams. The cherry on the top is the Canteen of the campus. The Canteen is also a very good place to sit and eat, also when you are not in a light mood and want someplace to eat and rest you can surely spend your time in the Canteen. So all the best and have a great college life ahead.
Deen Dayal Upadhyay College DU, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya college ranking in DU, Deen dayal upadhyaya college courses, deen dayal upadhyaya college admission 2018, deen dayal upadhyaya college admission 2019, deen dayal upadhyaya college cut off 2019,
deen dayal upadhyaya college attendance, deen dayal upadhyaya college nearest metro, deen dayal upadhyaya college du cut off 2018