Delhi University Arts courses 2019: Brief Overview
Delhi University is one of the most brilliant institutes of our country which provides many courses. Every student could find their dream career here. Delhi University will release the applications regarding the courses on April 1, 2019. The courses of DU 2019 are different undergraduate courses as well as postgraduate courses.
The University of Delhi has always been popular for its humanities programmes and this is the case for this year as well. Most of the class 12th passed out opt to pursue careers in BA(Hons)English followed by BA programme and BA(Hons) political science. These courses not only promise you good placements but also provides you with education at an affordable rate.
Following are the art courses offered by Delhi University for a promising future:
1. B.A. (Hons.) in Italian, German, French, Spanish, Hindi, Sanskrit, English
A student who has done 10+2 from any stream is qualified enough to apply for the entrance exams. For these courses, about 1,00,000 to 1,50,000 lakhs students apply for the entrance exam and only 2500 to 3000 students get selected.
Fees for such language courses is approximately Rs 9000/- INR per annum.
This course is generally for the duration of 3 years.
Students can start their internships from 3rd or 4th semester. These courses come with possible opportunity of working in companies like Vivo, Amazon, Paytm and Flipkart. Many students start working with good MNCs right after their graduation itself.
Although, the buildings are quite old most of them are surrounded by plants and has nice ventilation. Campuses also offer a library with thousands of books in it.
Most of the faculty members of Delhi University are quite helpful. They are selected in the university because of their high excellence and tremendous teaching skills and they have been proving that since the beginning.
- Top colleges Offering this course are:
Jesus & Mary college, Lady Shri Ram College for women, Gargi College, Miranda College, Maharaja Agrasen College, Sri Venkateswara College.
You can also check out the detailed insights in this video:
2. Bachelor of Library and Information Science
This course of DU has a different kind of eligibility criteria. The candidate should have passed graduation with 50% Marks under (10+2+3) pattern or 55% marks under the (11+3) or (10+2+2) pattern from the University of Delhi or from any other recognized University. Below listed are the merit categories (in order of priority) for your reference:
- Category – I — Master’s Degree II Division and above from the University of Delhi.
- Category – II — Master’s Degree II Division with 50% and above from other Universities.
- Category – III — Bachelor’s Degree (Hons.)(10+2+3) with 50% and above or Bachelor’s Degree ( Hons.) (11+3) with 55% and above from the University of Delhi.
- Category – IV — Bachelor’s Degree (Hons.) (10+2+3) with 50% and above or Bachelor’s Degree (Hons.) (10+2+2) or (11+3) with 55% and above from other Universities.
- Category – V — Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3) with 50% and above or Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+2) or (11+3) with 55% and above from the University of Delhi.
- Category – VI — Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3) with 50% and above or Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+2) or (11+3) with 55% and above from other Universities.
For the purpose of classification of I, II and III Division, the following will be the criteria:
|First Division:||60 percent and above|
|Second Division:||50 percent and above|
|Third Division:||40 percent and above|
The Fees for this course is approximately Rs 600/- INR per month.
The duration of this course is generally for 1 year.
- Infrastructure :
Department of Library & Information Science of the University of Delhi offers this course. It is situated in the North Campus. The campus provides facility like hostel, cafeteria, library, medical facilities and labs. It is also an old building but at a decent condition considering it is a government institute.
- Faculty :
Faculty is highly educated and engrossed in their work. Although a student has to put their own efforts too to learn new things, considering it is a government institute.
Placements of this course are generally good considering that there are only a few seats available for the course and students are generally hand picked.
Here is a link for further information about this course:
3. B.A. (Hons) in Economics, Business Economics, Psychology, Geography, Journalism, Sociology
Among the most popular courses offered at Delhi University colleges, Economics Hons. is known to have extremely high cutoffs year on year. This is all because of the quality of education, exposure, and placements that Delhi University offers.
- Eligibility: 10+2(in any stream)
- Duration: This course is for a duration of 3 years
- Fees: The approximate fees is Rs 15000/- INR per annum
- Placements: This category is quite common and much needed in institutions these days. So, a pass out from this course will surely get a good package and that too in a good company.
4. B.A. in Human resource management, Marketing Management, and retail business, Tourism
- Eligibility criteria: 10+2(in any stream)
- Duration: This course is designed for a duration of 3 years.
- Fees: Approximately Rs 8000 to Rs 10,000/- INR per annum
- Placement: Students from these courses are offered jobs at different levels and at different sectors as well. This is surely a good option for a business minded student or those who want to come up with their startups.
- Top Colleges: Daulat Ram College, Hans Raj College, Indraprastha College, Ramjas College, Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College.
5. Bachelor of Law
- Eligibility: 10+2( in any stream)
- Duration: A student would take 5 years to complete this course.
- Fees: Approximately Rs 8000/- INR per annum
- Placement: The law is one of the most budding occupation these days. This will not only bring opportunities for working in a well-established firm but also increases the chances of becoming an entrepreneur. Student can also come up with their own law firm too.
- Top Colleges: Lady Shri Ram College, Hindu College, Hans Raj College, Kalindi College, Kamla Nehru College.
Detailed information about the course can be checked in this video
6. M.A. (in Economics, Sanskrit, History, English, Political Science, Social Science)
- Eligibility: Graduation from either D.U. or any other well-renowned institute
- Fees: Approx comes to be around Rs 12,000/- INR to Rs 15,000/- INR per annum
- Duration: This is for 2 years
- Placements: Generally this increases chances of getting a better job as to just being a graduate.
- Top College: Daulat Ram College, Hans Raj College, Indraprastha College, Miranda College, Ramjas College, Sri Guru Nanak Dev.
7. Masters of fine arts
- Eligibility: Min. 50% marks in graduation
- Fees: Approx Rs 10,000/- INR per annum
- Duration: This course is for a duration of 2 years.
- Top College: Hans Raj College, Ramjas College etc.
It is because of these awesome courses that make Delhi University the most top rated University for the millennials of the 21st century.
Masters of fine arts, Delhi University arts courses 2019, du arts courses, du courses list 2019, M.A. in Economics, M.A.in Sanskrit, M.A. in History, M.A. in English, M.A. in Political Science, M.A. in Social Science, Bachelor of Law, B.A. in Human resource management, B. A. in Marketing Management, B.A. in retail business, B.A. in Tourism, B.A. (Hons) in Economics, B.A.(Hons) in Business Economics, B.A.(Hons) in Psychology, B.A. (Hons) in Geography, B.A.(Hons) in Journalism, B.A.(Hons) in Sociology, Bachelor of Library and Information Science, B.A. (Hons.) in Italian,B.A. (Hons.) in German, B.A. (Hons.) in French, B.A. (Hons.) in Spanish, B.A. (Hons.) in Hindi, B.A. (Hons.) in Sanskrit, B.A. (Hons.) in English