Delhi University Open Day Session 2019: 9 Open days were regulated by DU to answer the interrogatory of students about the admission process.
For the first time, DU was holding an open day session, especially for female students. According to the admissions council, the second session of the day will exclusively be for females only.
Key Highlights about Open Day Session 2019
- Open days were systematize by DU to answer the questioning of students about the admission process.
- Just like other sessions, women students of Delhi University raised their queries related to admissions, courses, etc. This session was provided with some special attention to the Non-Collegiate Women’s Education Board (NCWEB) which is a women’s only initiative at the Delhi University. This dynamism allows women students to study at DU through weekend classes.
- Dignitaries like – Payel Mago, principal of Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences for Women, Pratyush Vatsala, principal of Lakshmibai College and a representative of NCWEB were also the member in Delhi University Open Day Session 2019 conducted for admissions 2019.
- A sanction was given to female students by NCWEB to attend classes on the weekends, and special coaching will also be given to the female aspirant once a week which can be done without attending the regular classes. This can also be done during the academic breaks to obtain an undergraduate and post-graduate degree. The NCWEB is functioning in 26 UG centers and one PG center with approximately 32,000 students.
- The Delhi University Open Day Session 2019 was held by the Delhi University authorities to intimate female students about women-only colleges and several courses that DU offers especially for them.
- The women students were also told that there are 22 women-only colleges in the varsity where. Among them are Kamala Nehru College, Gargi College, Lady Shri Ram College, Daulat Ram College, Jesus and Mary College.
- The students also queried about the availability of women’s hostels. Apart from hostel facilities offered by the colleges, hostel facilities are also offered at the university’s North Campus.
“Due to a huge intake of students, all selected out-station applicants may not get hostel accommodation. Thus, the applicants need to understand that the admission to a program would not ensure allotment of hostel accommodation. Accommodation will be offered to the eligible applicants subject to her/his merit and availability of seat in a hostel,” an official said.
List of Women Colleges listed in the Open Day session is:
- Daulat Ram College
- Maitreyi College
- Kamala Nehru College
- Gargi College
- Miranda House
- Jesus and Mary College
- Aditi Mahavidyalaya
- Bharati College
Delhi University Open Day Session 2019, Sol DU, du open days schedule, du open days schedule 2019, Delhi university open days 2019, Delhi university holidays 2018, is Delhi university office open on Saturday, Delhi University 22 May, Delhi university admission 2019