Healthy Living for College Students
Having healthy meals for college students on a daily basis is the way to sustain the hectic college life. College students have a lot to struggle with each and every day. From projects to assignments, from lectures to extra curriculum activities, from faculty to family, these students have a rough time running and managing each and everything. College life may seem a fun place from the outside but when you step into it, you get to know the negatives and struggles to prevail.
Pro tips to keep you sane in college:
- Try to manage time.
- Don’t get yourself into too many things at a time.
- Set your priorities.
- Consider your limitations; you don’t need to be a good person always.
- Keep calm.
- Learn that “SILENCE IS THE BEST ANSWER TO A FOOL”
- Don’t ever skip a meal. I repeat. NEVER SKIP A MEAL.
- Most important, Love yourself
The college time for anyone is the time we learn different things and experience the best and the worst. It is undoubtedly the most interesting part of our life but to have the stamina for the work, fun, and chaos of the college, one needs to have the internal power, which comes with a stomach full of food and a healthy immune system. Keeping the stomach full of food items is not the only concern but filling it with healthy food dishes is the most important thing.
Healthy meals for college students to include in the diet
1. Brown Rice
- Rich in Selenium: Selenium helps in reducing the risk of cancer, heart disease, etc.
- Promotes weight loss: It is the perfect addition to the diet, you can even eat it irregularly. It is rich in fiber and makes the tummy full and translates your hunger to take small meal portions
- Slow release sugar: Brown rice helps in stabilizing the sugar level. Therefore, it is the best food choice for the ones who are suffering from diabetes.
Check out the video below to know how you can cook brown rice one of the most talked about meals in the list of easy healthy meals for college students at home:
2. Multigrain Pasta
Multigrain Pasta is a unique combination of grains. This pasta is enriched with nutrients. Unresisting pasta lovers can switch to this pasta as it is stomach filling and nutritious.
- Multigrain pasta helps you to lower down your risk of heart diseases.
- Aids in weight loss and getting you back into shape because of its richness in fiber.
- It acts as a catalyst for digestion.
- Rich source of nutrients and fiber.
Click the video to know how you can cook these healthy meals for college students:
3. Amaranth Tikkis
This Tikki made with Amaranth, fresh vegetables and what is even more appreciating is that they are healthy enough. It is stuffed with healthy vegetables that provide us with a good amount of vitamins and minerals.
You can check out the recipe details here
4. One of the most loved meals- Tomato Omelette
Here comes the hero of the list- “Healthy meals for college students”., which is none other than egg. Yes, the gg is a high source of protein and it helps tremendously in our overall growth. Omelette is not only an easy dish but also a healthy one.
- Low in calorie and one of the cheapest and highest sources of protein.
- Helps in maintaining the blood pressure.
- Removing the yolk makes the egg cholesterol free.
- Tomatoes also work as antioxidants.
Click the video to know how you can cook these tasty omelets can be cooked at home:
5. My personal recommendation, Upma
Upma is a best kick starter dish for breakfast. It has 67% carbohydrates and the fat components are very less.
- Upma is the healthiest food for breakfast; it also aids in weight loss.
- Boosts body functions.
- Prevents high cholesterol.
- Provides antioxidants.
Check out the video to know how you can cook Upma, one of the most loved healthy meals for college students at home:
6. Yummy Peanut Chaat
The common usage of peanut in India is either as oil or roasted snack because they are very rich in vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants.
- Peanuts are healthy for our body; they have 12g of proteins and no cholesterol at all.
- They are a very good source of vitamins and minerals for the bones, teeth, nerves and muscles.
Check out the video to know how you can prepare a tasty and healthy peanut chaat snack at home:
7. Not to miss out, our very own Idlis
It is almost like a rice cake. A healthy breakfast from south India for those who are on diet or are willing to lose weight.
- Rich in carbohydrates and proteins.
- It does not contain any saturated fat or cholesterol.
- Also, rich in iron and easily digestible.
Check out the video to know how these healthy idlis can be made at home:
8. Experiment this Pasta Salad with Peanut Butter
I am very sure you would have heard this for the first time. But believe you me, this is not just tasty but super healthy too. since this contains all the nutrients of Pasta and antioxidants of peanuts. This meal acts as a supporter of killing hunger and helping you lose weight. This is an easy and healthy dish that can easily be made by students within their budget.
We know you want to check the recipe of these healthy meals for college students. Click here to know more:
9. You may also try Tomato Mozzarella Bread
Tomato is a healthy fruit that helps you to reduce weight, provides vitamin C and also protect us from heart diseases. The best thing about it is that it goes good with almost everything and one can even consume it raw. This recipe of Tomato with Mozzarella Cheese will help in digestion and it increases the pace at which food oxidation will take place. Along with the fact, that it energizes too.
Check the recipe of these healthy meals for college students here:
10. Last on the list, Sprouts
Sprouts contain a high content of living enzymes, it boosts blood circulation and helps in weight loss and also help you in getting clear skin. It is also helpful in building up the immune system, improves eye-sight, and is a heart friendly breakfast.
- Low calorie content.
- They provide us with a substantial support in losing weight.
Check the recipe of these healthy meals for college students here:
College students these days have a very common issue with eating and that is “WEIGHT”. They are concerned about their physique instead of their health. Since physical appearance matter a lot to this age group, students often make choices based on myths. Whereas, the importance of a healthy diet should never be ignored.
Key points to remember:
- Never skip breakfast.
- Have a heavy lunch.
- Don’t go to bed empty stomach.
- Let the dinner be the lightest meal of the day.
- Keep eating small snacks every 2 hours.
- Avoid Junk food if you are trying to lose weight.
- Always keep 1 or 2 fruits in your bag.
There are some commons myths one of which is ‘EATING LESS, REDUCES WEIGHT’ whereas eating less reduces the speed of the metabolism further leading to bad digestion, acidity and even weight gain. Now a days college students idealize models and celebrities, everyone tries to have that ‘kim Kardashian waist’ or ‘the perfect Hritik Roshan abs’ but guess what none of these celebrities ever skip any of their meals; they just upgrade to the better food that their body requires.
Eat what your body requires, not what your tongue demands…
Healthy Meals for College Students, Healthy diet, Healthy diet plan, Healthy diet menu, Healthy eating tips for college students, Healthy Lifestyle, Healthy diet chart, Healthy eating facts,healthy diet chart, healthy diet for men, healthy diet plan to lose weight, healthy diet menu, healthy diet foods, basic healthy diet, cheap and healthy diet plan, cheap healthy meals, cheap healthy food for college students, diet plan for students, How to lose weight without exercise, how to lose weight in college without exercise, how to lose weight fast without exercise in a month, how to lose weight without exercise or pills,how to lose weight without gym and exercise,healthy diet chart, healthy diet for men, healthy diet plan to lose weight, healthy diet menu, healthy diet foods, basic healthy diet, cheap and healthy diet plan, cheap healthy meals, cheap healthy food for college students, diet plan for students, Healthy diet, Healthy diet plan, Healthy diet menu, Healthy eating tips for college students, Healthy Lifestyle, Healthy diet chart, Healthy eating facts, 7 day diet plan, quick weight loss diet plan, Indian diet chart for weight loss in 7 days, very low-calorie diet, diet process, smart diet plan, easy flat belly diet plan, meal plan for extreme weight loss, 7 day diet soup, simple meal plan to lose weight