Biotechnology Colleges in Delhi NCR is the most researched keyword on the internet during admission season. With time, Biotechnology as a career option has gauged a lot of eyeballs. This is so because of the lucrative jobs and the immense exposure and learning this field offers.
Entered in secondary class (class 9th) – beta bs 2 saal ki mehnat hain
(2 YEARS LATER)
Entered in senior secondary class( class 11th)- Beta bs boards Dhang se dedo fir toh koi dikkat nahi hain
(2 YEARS LATER)
And now the struggle begins and you got to know the tension you had in past 4 years where just 1% of all these.
Like seriously, this phase is new for all those who appear together for boards. Basically, if 2 lakh students are appearing for boards then all of them will be suffering from the same anxiety and same stress. The main problem is for students who choose their stream which is not common i.e. other than doctors, engineers, lawyers, CAs, teachers, etc. Today we are also going to discuss a topic which is not common yet but is a very good option to pursue science with biology students. It is BIOTECHNOLOGY.
The broad area of biology involving living systems and organisms to develop or make products, or “any use of the technological application in biological systems, living organisms, to make or modify products or processes for specific use is known as biotechnology.” Now the major concern is colleges nearby for biotechnology. As per sources, we got to know that the University of Delhi does not offer this course.
So here we have listed TOP 15 BIOTECHNOLOGY COLLEGES IN DELHI-NCR.
(*the ratings below are from internet sources)
1. Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
A private university, which was founded in 2011 by a private philanthropic foundation funded by Shiv Nadar, founder, and chairman of HCL. Shiv Nadar university offers B.sc in Biotechnology, full time four-year integrated research program. The department believes in laying a strong foundation in Biotechnology, at par with international standards of the Medical industry in the fields of Bio-imaging, Cell biology, and Diagnostics.
The biotechnology in Shiv Nadar University comes under the Natural Science section. The total fees for the course is Rs. 6.75/- INR lakhs. The placement record of the university is 85% in which students are placed in a reputed organization such as GSK, Panacea Biotech, and Bharat Biotech, with an average salary package of 5.60 lakh.
- Shiv Nadar University was ranked as 72 in overall university rank in India by NIRF.
- Ratings given to Shiv Nadar University on the basis of b.sc in Biotechnology is 8.6/10.
- Eligibility criteria are physics, chemistry, and maths with biology with a total percentage of 80% or above.
- For more information, you can log in to the college website: www.snuadmissions.com
2. Amity University, Noida sec-125
With a logo of INDIA’S FIRST NON-PROFIT UNIVERSITY and to implement a strict act for ranging, Amity University, Noida was founded in 2005. Being a part of Amity Education Group, the university has campuses in India, Dubai, Singapore, China, Mauritius, London, and New York. It is recognized by the University Grants Commission(UGC) under Section 22 of the UGC Act 1956 and accredited by the NAAC with grade ‘A’.
Amity is known among the youth and the international market for just its placement. Maintaining that pace, the placement record of Amity University in bachelors and masters of Biotechnology is 98%. However, the remaining 2% also get the job under the banner of Amity University, if applied with a great determination.
- The average salary package for Amity University is Rs 6.75lakhs/- INR.
- Amity University offers full-time B.Sc(Hons) in Biotechnology with a duration of 3 years.
- The total fees for the course is Rs 4.26 lakhs/- INR for 3 years.
- Amity University, Noida was ranked 216 in Asia by QS world university Ranking 2018. Amity university got 8/10 ratings for biotechnology.
- More information related to the course and fees structure can get through the official amity university site www.amity.edu
3.Mangalmay Institute of Engineering and Technology, Greater Noida(MIET)
With an affiliation with Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow. MIET also offers bachelors and masters in Biotechnology.
MIET is part of Mangalmay Group of Institutions, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India, the pioneers in the field of Management and engineering education in Northern India since 2002. Over the years the group has been ranked and rated by all leading dailies & Business magazines due to its outstanding contribution to the student community and corporate and thus is regarded as one of the most Respected, Reputed and Demanded places of Higher Education.
It is quite impressive that the labs they use for biotech practical work are highly modernized.
- MIET offers B.sc in Biotechnology with a duration of three years and course fees is of Rs 1.92 lakhs/- INR.
- There is no eligibility requirement other than you have cleared your class 12th board exams.
- MIET in terms of biotechnology has been ranked as 8.2/10.
- For more course-related information you can log in to the official website: www.mangalmay.org
4.Institute of Management Studies, Ghaziabad
Being one of the top B schools of the country, IMS do offer B.sc and M.sc in Biotechnology. IMS is a business school in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India. It was founded in 1990 and is part of the IMS Group which also includes IMS Engineering College. A flagship institute of IMS Society, Ghaziabad, it also holds the position of one of the oldest B School in North India which is accredited ‘A’ Grade Institute by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council).
- It has been ranked as 4th in North India and 18th in All India by Times B-School Survey published inTimes of India, February 2018.
- With a merit-based selection, The eligibility criteria is that the candidate must have secured 45% in 10+2 with biotech/biotechnology/maths as their core subject.
- The duration of B.sc(Hons) in Biotechnology is 3 years with a course fee of Rs 6.75 lakhs/- INR.
- The ratings received by the college in terms of Biotechnology is 8.6/10.
For more information related to the course, you may log in to the official website of the college www.imsuc.ac.in
5.Jamia Milia Islamia University, New Delhi
Out of very few colleges of the capital Delhi, Jamia Milia Islamia also offers bachelors in Biotechnology. Jamia Milia Islamia is an ensemble of the multilayered education system was previously situated in Aligarh. Back in 1935, it was shifted to Karol Bagh, New Delhi with 9 faculties of learning, 38 teaching and research departments and over 27 centers of learning and research.
In recent years Jamia has made significant strides. It was accredited by NAAC in the year 2015.
- Also, it was placed at 19th position in OVERALL RANKING for 2018 by MHRD’s National institutional ranking framework.
- In theTimes Higher Education(THE) ranking for the year 2017 it was placed in-between 801–1000 and in the QS World University Rankings 2019 it was placed in-between 751–800.
- B.sc in Biotechnology in Jamia Milia Islamia has got a review of 7.9/10. The full-time course fees is Rs 0.231 lakhs/- INR
- The placement record of the university has not that much appreciation as only 60% of the students of biotechnology (on an average) got placed by the university.
- For more information, you can log in to the official website of the college www.jmi.ac.in
6. Sharda University, Greater Noida
The Sharda University of Greater Noida also offers B.sc in biotechnology. Sharda University was established in 1996. Pradeep Kumar Gupta is Chancellor of Sharda University. Yatendra Kumar Gupta is pro-chancellor of the university. The group has three campuses in Agra, Mathura, and Greater Noida. “Sharda”, the name of the university, is another name for Saraswati, the Hindu goddess of knowledge, music, arts, wisdom, and learning.
- Sharda University offers b.sc in biotechnology for a duration of 3 years with total course fees of Rs 2.7 lakhs/- INR.
- The placement record of the university is quite acceptable as it owns a record of 75% placed with an average salary package of 4 lakh in biotechnology.
- The eligibility criteria for the university is to clear a common entrance exam called Sharda University Admission Test (SUAT).
- For more course-related information you can log in to the official website of the university www.sharda.ac.in
- On the basis of the b.sc in Biotechnology, the ratings and review of the college is 7.7/10
7. Delhi Institute of technology and paramedical sciences
An institute, which provides higher education in the terms of paramedical science and technology, DITPMS also provides bachelors as well as masters in biotechnology.
DITPMS was established with a vision of providing higher education in IT, paramedical science, management, commerce and other important as well as upcoming fields.
- The eligibility criteria for admissions in the college is that the candidate must have PCB with 50% aggregate in class 12th.
- The past placement record of the university is 80% and the average salary package is Rs 4.5 lakhs/- INR in terms of b.sc in biotechnology.
- The reviews for the college in terms of biotechnology is 7.6/10.
- For more information you login to the official site of the website: www.ditpms.com
8. I.T.S Institute of Health and Allied Science, Ghaziabad.
Being a part of the institutional and educational group of I.T.S, Muradnagar, Ghaziabad. I.T.S institute of health and allied science do provide B.Sc in Biotechnology.
With a mission of making an incessant endeavor to create a learning process to bring a change in the managerial paradigms, the main objective of the college is to create a thinking of highly professional order.
- The eligibility criteria to get admission in B.Sc Biotechnology that student must be from a science background in 10+2 with PCB/PCM with a total of 45% aggregate in 10+2.
- The campus placement of the organization is quite low as compared to other colleges, with an average salary package of Rs. 3.75 lakhs/- INR.
- The total fees for the course is 1.56 lakh.
- For more course-related information you can login to the college official website www.its.edu.in
- It has been ranked for biotechnology as 7.4/10
9. Amity University, Gurgaon
As discussed above Amity education group, Amity University, Gurgaon also offers the B.sc in biotechnology and is listed amongst the Top biotechnology colleges in Delhi NCR.
With total fees of Rs 3.33 lakh/- INR and course duration of 3 years. The faculties of Amity are very supportive and the whole education group is highly modernized by new technologies.
- The campus placement has a good track record of 90% with an average package of 5 lakh.
- Eligibility criteria for the course is 10+2 with PCM with an aggregate of 55%.
- The ratings given to the university in terms of biotechnology is 7.6/10.
- For more information, you can login to the official site of the university www.amity.edu.
10. Shobhit University, Meerut
Another renowned and recognized university of Delhi- NCR, is Shobhit University (Meerut ) which is amongst the leading biotechnology colleges in Delhi NCR.
With a vision of imparting quality education for the keen learners and a mission of spreading the professional qualification among the future of the country, Shobhit university offers B.sc in Biotechnology with a duration of 3 years and total course fees of Rs 1.8 lakh/- INR.
- The campus placement record of the university is 70% and the average salary package is Rs 3 lakh/- INR.
- Eligibility criteria of the admission in biotechnology is 10+2 with PCM.
- The university has been ranked as 7.1/10 in terms of biotechnology.
- For more information, you may login to the official website of the university www.shobhituniversity.ac.inn
So these were the most renowned and talked about Biotechnology colleges in Delhi NCR. These colleges own a good reputation which can help you in the near future. For more colleges you may refer to the table given below.
|College/ University||Fees(in lakhs)||Duration||Eligibility Criteria||Ratings|
|Manglayatan University, Aligarh||Rs 1.2 lakhs /- INR||3 years||10+2 PCM||7.6/10|
|DAV College, Muzaffarnagar||Rs 65,000/- INR||3 years||10+2 PCM||7.6/10|
|Denbandhu Chotu Ram University, Sonepat||Rs 54,000/- INR||3 years||10+2 PCM||7.1/10|
|IIMT, Meerut||Rs 48,000/- INR||3 years||10+2 PCM||7/10|
Summarizing it all for you, I would like to conclude that there are lots of universities that offer the course which you are looking for. God forbid if you don’t get any admission or get admission to the not so known colleges then it is not the end of the world.
As you all are aware of JHAA CHAAH HAI VHA RAAH HAI. All colleges provide campus placement and if they don’t, work that hard that your success does come to you by its own.
Good Luck and Stay Tuned!
Mangalmay Institute of Engineering and Technology, Amity University, Shiv Nadar University, Institute of Management Studies, Jamia Milia Islamia University, New Delhi, Sharda University, I.T.S Institute of Health and Allied Science, Amity University Gurgaon, Biotechnology Colleges in Delhi NCR, Shobhit University Meerut, about biotechnology course, Amity Institute of biotechnology,b tech in biotechnology, BSc in biotechnology scope, BSc in biotechnology colleges in India, Delhi University biotechnology admission